Eat colorful organic foods
(whenever available, usually at health food stores). Present each meal with a variety of organic colorful foods to allow nature to provide a feast of nutrition for your eyes. All my fruits, nuts, and seeds are eaten raw. Most of my vegetables are eaten raw. Exceptions, I do cook organic rice, pasta, potatoes, yams, beets, kale, squash, and beans because they are too hard to be eaten raw. I steam or saute some foods in water and avoid microwaving (not good for cooking). Prepare wow-looking colorful dishes. Arrange each item artistically like a painting. This way, each meal becomes a special health celebration and highlight of the day. Delicious and colorful meals will attract your children to eat as a family.
Lorrin Lee Organic Vegan Recipes
Lorrin's Favorite Desert
- Red: tomatoes, red grape tomatoes (delicious), red bell pepper, red grapes, strawberry, cherry, cranberry, raspberry, red beans, watermelon, beets, red onion, goji berry.
- Yellow: squash, peach, pineapple, mung dal, chana dal, yellow grape tomatoes..
- Orange: carrots, papaya, orange bell pepper, yams, pumpkin, apricot, orange.
- Green: kale, spinach, green bell pepper, broccoli, peas, snow peas, green beans, pak choy, watercress, cucumber, dandelion, basil, mint, zucchini, asparagus, mung beans, green split peas, Chinese spinach, ong choi, pak choi, green onion, avocado, green grapes, kiwi, parsley, leeks.
- Purple: eggplant, purple bell pepper, Okinawa sweet potato, red kale.
- Blue: blueberries.
- Black: black bean, black grape, prune.
- White: tofu, maui or sweet onion, cauliflower, won bok, potato, pear.
- Gray: sunflower seed.
- Brown: brown rice, pasta, walnut, pecan, almond, brazil nut, brown mushroom, hazelnut.
- Cream: banana, peanuts, pine nuts, cashew, tempeh, macadamia nut, almond, black -eyed peas, quinoa. Present each meal with a variety of organic colorful foods to allow nature to provide a feast of nutrition for your eyes. This way, each meal becomes a special health celebration of the day.
- TIPS: You can make a colorful dish by having a red, yellow or orange, and green food on your plate. Add sunflower seeds to your fresh salads.
A bowl of fresh chilled organic blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries with nothing else. Simple and delicious!
"There is no sincerer love than the love of food." Geroge Bernard Shaw